The Krupp Family Foundation invests in building strong organizations that support equitable, thriving communities.
Our Foundation reflects the values of our Founders and our Family:
- We are dedicated to social justice for all, to pursuing what is fair and morally right, and responding to those in need with compassion and understanding.
- We believe in personal integrity and respect for all people, the power of individual leadership; we are committed to effectiveness and the capacity to transform our community.
- We are dedicated to Jewish continuity, education, and local programs that encourage Jewish identity and enrich the lives of disadvantaged Jews in the Boston community.
- We believe in leveling the playing field in order to give those underserved in our community a chance to improve their lives.
- We believe that art is a powerful, transformative tool for educating and empowering our youth, stimulating creativity, changing futures, changing lives.
- We believe in helping people help themselves, to overcome obstacles that stand in their way to leading productive and healthy lives.
Strong programs exist in strong institutions, and the strongest nonprofits are adaptable and resilient. Strong nonprofits help to ensure strong communities. Strong communities have a better chance of achieving equity and justice.
Attributes valued by the Krupp Family Foundation include:
- Visionary leadership
- Impact and evaluation
- Good financial management
- Organizational strength
- A network of partnerships and commitment to the population served through their programs
- The ability to collaborate with others
- The space to plan, execute and assess new strategies
- A commitment to equity and justice
We are particularly interested in organizations that focus on racial and cultural equity in the arts, food access, and Jewish continuity.
To provide effective capacity-building support to ensure nonprofit / grantee partners have what they need to deliver on their mission over the long term. Capacity-building grants directly support:
- Mission, Vision, and Strategy
- Fundraising and Development
- Research and Evaluation
- Innovation and Technology
- Financial Management
- Program Delivery
Additionally, Krupp Family Foundation offers grant opportunities that support the larger ecosystem in which the capacity building partner works. Investing in the ecosystems of capacity building partners may include:
- Community-level support to organizations, projects, and collaborative efforts that help our partners succeed in executing their missions
- Complementary advocacy work
- Technical assistance (TA) through workshops, professional development, and access to consultants
Krupp Family Foundation does not accept unsolicited grant requests and is currently invitation only.
- Establish and nurture partnerships with grantees that are grounded in equality, trust, and creativity to inspire bold thinking and innovation
- Strengthen the foundational capacity and financial resilience of sector leaders through unrestricted, multi-year, capacity building investments
- Through grantee partnerships, address racial and cultural inequities through the communities they serve
- Demonstrate how funders can show up as allies and advocates for grantees and communities that experience racial and/or cultural inequities.